You are invited to take part in creating a LIVING LEGACY Memorial Forest at one of Melbourne Locations. Lilydale, Altona, Fawkner.
“Planting a Living Legacy Memorial Tree connects people to the beauty that life created as opposed to what was lost.” – Warren Roberts, Living legacy Forest Founder.
Share this event:
Your unique living memorial tree connects the people you love to the beauty that life created.
Bring your loved one’s ashes to a Greater Metropolitan Cemetery Trust Location to plant your tree of choice infused with their ashes.
This allows you to create a beautiful, living memorial tree in honour of your loved one.
You will also get a personalised plaque to mark your planted Living Legacy Memorial Tree.
You will be assisted by trained horticulture experts to transform cremated remains into a Living Legacy memorial tree.
You choose the tree that best reflects the life being honoured and you will receive a personalised plaque to mark your loved one’s planned memorial tree.
The legacy you leave will live on for generations to come with your tree’s unique seeds and seedlings living well beyond the lifespan of the original tree.
1) You will receive a tree selection booklet and plaque message form – you must complete the tree selection and plaque form.
2) You will receive a full itinerary which includes directions, parking instructions and advice on what to wear and bring on the day.
3) The planting day will begin at 9:30am at the site – customers must make their own way to the site.
4) We will have Living Legacy forestry experts available to provide information about the site and the trees you have selected, and most importantly they will be conducting the ash treatment and planting process.
5) You may participate in the treatment and planting process if you like.
6) The day will conclude at 12:30, customers must make their own way home.
Apart from helping create an urban forest for every Legacy tree planted an additional 200 offset trees are planted in each person’s honour to symbolically create more air than a person breathes in a lifetime. The trees are planted in Australia in the winter months and in Madagascar in the summer months to assist in severe deforestation.